Our Core Values
1. There is no greater purpose for mankind than that of glorifying God.
2. The Bible is God's absolute, infallible authority.
3. Scripture in its context builds, out of context destroys.
4. Holding to a Biblical balance and avoiding unbiblical extremes is imperative, especially in these last days.
5. The trends of this world system should be resisted, not embraced.
6. Carrying out the Great Commission is best accomplished through evangelism, discipleship and church-planting.
7. Our witness for Christ should be validated by the way we live.
8. An orderly atmosphere is necessary for effectively communicating God's Word.
9. Community in the local church is more important than committee, and family more than formality.
10. A Biblical world view should be taught to our children - at home, at church and at school.
11. Accountability to and responsibility in the local church is God's clearly revealed plan for spiritual growth and personal victory.
12. Biblical, quality music is vital to preparing hearts for worship.
13. The faithful giving of our tithes and offerings demonstrates gratitude to God and helps the cause of the Great Commission.
We believe there is One God, eternally existing in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Jesus Christ is the second member of the Trinity, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He is truly God and truly man.
We believe that a church is a congregation of baptized believers, associated by covenant in the faith and fellowship of the Gospel; established by Jesus Christ, who is the sole Head; observing the ordinances of Christ; governed by His laws; exercising its scriptural rights and privileges; that it's only Scriptural officers are Pastors, Deacons, whose qualifications, claims and duties are defined in the epistles to Timothy and Titus. We believe that the church (Bride of Christ--all born again believers) began with the New Testament Saints and will be consummated at the coming of Christ in the rapture.
All people were created in the image of God to have relationship with him, but became separated from God through sinful disobedience. As a result, people are incapable of regaining a right relationship with God through their own efforts.
We believe that we are called with a holy calling to walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit; to live in the power of the indwelling Spirit that we will not fulfill the lusts of the flesh. But the flesh with its Adamic nature, which in this life is never eradicated, being with us to the end of our earthly pilgrimage, needs to be kept by the Spirit constantly in subjection to Christ, or it will surely manifest its presence in our lives to the dishonor of our Lord.
Priesthood Of All Believers
Every Believer is a priest of God and may enter His presence directly through our Great High Priest, Jesus Christ. A Christian doesn't need a human mediator to go to God on his behalf. We can enter God's presence because of Christ's substitutionary death, not because of any merit of our own.
We believe that repentance and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ is the only condition for salvation. Salvation is totally of grace and made possible only through the vicarious death of Jesus Christ upon the cross of Calvary. To be saved, a sinner must be born again; the new birth is a new creation in Christ Jesus, and it is instantaneous, not a process, but is evidenced by visible fruits of the Holy Spirit. The blessings of salvation are freely offered to all who will believe.
This church believes the Bible to be the inspired Word of God and our sole authority in all matters of faith and practice. It was written by men under the control of the Holy Spirit, is authoritative, and without error.
Baptism By Immersion
We believe that the Believer's Baptism is immersion in water of a believer in Christ, in the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit to show forth in a solemn and beautiful picture our faith in the crucified, buried and risen Saviour, our death to sin and resurrection to new life; that baptism should precede the privilege of church membership and the Lord's Supper.
We believe that the Lord's Supper is a provision of bread (unleavened) and the fruit of the vine (unfermented) representing Christ's body and blood; partaken of by believers in commemoration of the death of our Lord and Savior; showing our faith and participation in the merits of His sacrifice; our dependence on Him for spiritual life and nourishment; our assurance of eternal life through His resurrection from the dead, and our hope of the soon coming of the Lord Jesus Christ for His own.
Tithes and Offerings
We believe that every Christian should seek to give systematically, regularly, proportionately, sacrificially and cheerfully of his substance to the Lord's work through the local church.
For a complete doctrinal statement please contact us.